BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Black Eyed Peas review

Last night the Black Eyed Peas rocked the St. Pete Times Forum along with Ludacris and LMFAO.  This show was an outright party.  When you walked into the arena there was a DJ and light show and dance floor.  You should have known at that point that you are here to party.

LMFAO puts on such an amazing show.  I saw them at The Kennedy a few months ago.  I didn't really know much about them at that time and was pretty impressed right off the bat.  But last night's performance blew me away.  They have so much energy.  And their songs are really catchy.  Oh, and their energizer bunny of a backup dancer is pretty awesome too.  Their set included 'I am not a whore,' 'I'm in (Tampa) Bitch,' 'La La La,' 'Shots' and 'Yes.'  I always forget what a great show they put on.

Ludacris was good.  He was a little low energy compared to LMFAO, but good nonetheless.  He has so many hits though that he can't really get through all of them in an opening set.  Here's everything he tried to get through: 'What's Your Fantasy' (and really, all he sang was the infamous part everyone knows), 'Move Bitch,' 'Area Codes,' 'Act a Fool,' 'Stand Up,' 'Yeah,' 'Money Maker,' and the newest single 'How Low.'  See...That's a lot!

Black Eyed Peas came out with a bang.  Straight into 'Let's Get it Started' which, really, should be the only way to start any BEP show.  I think they did a really good job balancing the new unreleased songs with the old.  It seemed like they would do one single, then an unreleased, then a single, then an unreleased.  I think it worked.  They did a set that included 'Rock That Body,' 'Meet Me Halfway,' 'Alive,' 'Don't Punk With My Heart,' 'Imma Be,' and 'My Humps.'  Oh, and Will.i.am made up a rap with BBM messages from the crowd (Thanks Blackberry for your sponsorship). Then came the individual performances.  Apl did his Phillipino song off the last album again, and Taboo rode on a motorcycle over the crowd.

Fergie had the next solo honors and sang tracks off her solo album.  We were treated to 'Fergalicous,' 'Glamorous,' and 'Big Girls Don't Cry.'  Finally, Will.i.am took the stage.  He did a twenty minute DJ set which rocked the house.  He played 'Jump Around,' 'Teen Spirit,' 'Otherside' by RHCP and so many more I can't even think of.  I think this was my favorite part of the entire night.  The entire Forum was on their feet dancing and jumping around.  I'm not sure I've ever seen such excitement from a concert crowd.

Everyone came back out to do 'Now Generation', and 'Pump it.' They then thanked everyone for all their support, blah blah blah and finished the set with 'Where is the Love.'  The encore included 'Boom Boom Pow,' and 'I've Got a Feeling.'  Overall, a great show!

Now, a few other random thoughts.  1.  I love how BEP has continuity.  I mean, how they have their backup dancers in the same outfits as their music videos.  Genius. When people like your videos, they like seeing a live version of it.  Also, they do the same stage directions as they did in award show performances.  I just dig that about them.  2.  'Rock That Body' should absolutely by the next single.  The crowd went wild when they started that last night.  And it's just a feel good club vibe song.

Alright, that's it folks.  

For some photos of the show, check out this link.

0 comments: