BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 8, 2010

John Mayer in concert



John Mayer truly is a talented musician.  He's a great guitar player, a good singer, and a talented writer.  But, I really did not want to go to his concert.  I've seen him once, about five years ago and I just didn't enjoy it.

HOWEVER, I really, really enjoyed the show on Friday night (thanks Brady and the Bryans for talking me into going).  At the last concert he spent most of his time on stage jamming.  I could only count two jam sessions this time, which, for me, is tolerable.  He had a great set list at as well, even though he didn't perform 'Daughters' or 'Your Body is a Wonderland.'  I'll admit, I haven't really listened to his album, but after this show, I might just pick it up and give it a listen.

My favorite thing about the show?  Mayer's facial expressions.  He really, really gets into his music (which he should), and makes the funniest facial expressions.

Oh, and one of the other things that really caught my attention was his lighting rig.  They moved all over the place, but they were used really well to create a great setting on stage, and really created moods with the music.  Lights are definitely the 'cool toy' on tour at the moment, but this was a really great example of an artist using the lights as the background.  So, kudos to you, John.

0 comments: